Panel proposals are being sought for the Bisexual Health Summit, being held this summer in
For more info visit:
According to its website, the Bi Health Summit “is a grassroots, community-oriented meeting designed for community health workers, activists, and other interested community members … to share knowledge about health issues affecting bisexuals and men and women who have multi-gendered sexuality, and to build health advocacy skills among bisexual people and [their] allies.”
Panel proposals being sought regard health issues affecting bi and men and women who have multi-gendered sexuality, including, but not limited, to:
• Clinical care – who serves the bisexual community and how is it best served?
• Community initiatives – what are the latest strategies?
• Research – what have we learned and what do we still need to explore?
• Education and training – what models are being used and are they working?
• Publications – learn the latest about resources
• Advocacy and policy work – what next steps should the movement for bisexual health take?
Presenters will be notified about accepted proposals by May 15.
Interested persons are also encouraged to submit a bisexual-focused workshop proposal for the LGBTI Health Summit’s bisexual track.
The co-chairs of the Bi Health Summit are BiNet USA board member (and former president) Luigi Ferrer of Miami and Julie Ebin of Fenway Community Health, Boston, which distributed the printed edition of BiNet USA co-sponsored bi health study; the other co-chair is Jennifer Bonardi of Boston. Collective members also include Stewart Landers of Boston and Ed Negron of
For more information about the Bi Health Summit and the National LGBTI Health Summit, go to: http://www.2009lgbtihealth.org/content/page/bi-health-summit